Let it rain, let it pour. What we have is worth fighting for. ♥ - Troy & Gabriella
Monday, March 31, 2008
Don't worry about the could haves because if it should have then it would have. ♥
Hey sunshines! I'm back for some updates. (: In any case you guys were wondering how I've been doing.. Well, here goes!
Wednesday, 26th March 2008
It was tough to find a whole recipe for this. So to create the Aloha Chicken Pizza, I had to scatter around for recipes and have 'em pieced up together. The outcome proved to be a delicious one. (:
Teriyaki chicken with pineapple chunks.
My first time doing pizza solo wasn't so bad. Just have to keep a mental note to have myself do a thinner, crispier base the next time round.
That aside, the Aloha Chicken Pizza tasted great. (: Can't wait to make another homemade pizza of my own!
While jogging, I spot a lovely view of the sky and quickly whipped out my phone to take pictures of it before I missed it.
Thursday, 27th March 2008
Head to Singapore to do my poly stuffs again. Upon reaching the student affairs office, we received our first shock.
It had something to do with my enrollment. The lady was so nice to help me extend the deadline so that my enrollment gets through. Got it done on the spot and after which, I let out a BIG sigh of relief.
We then head on down to Lavender to apply for my student pass. Everything was running smooth until the lady at the counter told us that we could only pay through cash card. :/ That meaning.. we would have to find the nearest 7 eleven to get one, insert a certain amount of cash and go back to the ICA. Trying to spare ourselves from all the walking, my Mom asked this sweet looking lady sitting right in front of the counter if we could borrow her cash card and pay her back in cash. She kindly obliged to our request and everything was done in a quickie. (:
Took a trip to Bugis Junction and did a fair bit of walking.. I remembered the Starbucks Java Chip there is the best so I wanted to get myself one. But my Mom said I've been having too much coffee so yeah.. none for me. D; She made up with this tho!
Green tea with red bean. (no sight of red bean :/)
Durian!
Settled for lunch before taking the MRT back to Lavender for the collection of my student pass. Another incident that occurred got me so frightened! Won't elaborate on it but all I can say is.. my Mom was Wonder Woman for the day. :D
The back and forth trips exhausted us flat out so we directly headed back home after that.
Friday, 28th March 2008
And the pizza frenzy trails on.. I wanted to stick with doing something more simple and safe. Margherita Pizza was the perfect choice. (:
Ready to go into the oven..
Parbaked crust!
Made pizze bianche with the leftover dough! My brother requested one with cheese filling in it. It's the one at the top. (: For the rest, just a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Italian herbs. I think this pizza dough makes a nifty bread. Chewy and soft when your teeth sinks into it!
As for the Margherita pizza, it didn't even make it till night. My pizza lovin` brother made absolute sure of that! :D My family liked how the crust is thinner and crispier this time. (yay!) Rolling and stretching out the base may deem time consuming but it was so worth it to see the pizza pull together well. *grins*
There was a blackout at night so I went to Ed's room, alongside with Eugene and we started playing uno under the candlelight. It was hard to differentiate blue and green under the dark. D: lol The game's so fun.. we've been playing it up till now! :D
Sunday, 30th March 2008
Went to Kong Kong Cemetery with my family and uncle to pay respect to my daddy.. My uncle spotted a dead monkey and asked us not to look. I mean, it's a natural reflex for you to be curious of where it is the least right? So I took a quick glance of my surrounding and there it is.. lying flat on the grass. Didn't freak out much 'cause it was faced down but still.. :X
We stood there for a few minutes of silence. The sun rays threatened my eyes to squint at the stone table before us.. It's still hard to believe that it has already been 9 years. Fixating my gaze at Daddy's photograph, everything seemed to have flashed by before me.. Those times when I had to struggle to find love and acceptance. Where I had to count on myself for courage and support. My Mom has always been my rock, showering me with all that she can give. But I can't help wondering if things would be the same if Daddy's still around.. Waves of emotions swept over me and hit against me, real hard. I retracted back to reality when my Mom cued, let's go..
As we got back up the car and drove off.. It's as if we all moved on.. but me. I'm at a standstill.. I don't want this feeling to ever change. I miss you, daddy.. so very much. ♥
Coming home to this bed of tiny flowers puts a wide smile on my face. (:
27 dresses was so sweet! It was pretty predictable that Katherine would end up with Fried MarsBars (inside joke!) but still, yay! *grins* A movie worth watching 2nd time round. (:
Had an early shower and took an afternoon nap till 8pm. Woke up to have dinner while watching Tru Confessions. It was so touching.. I cried buckets. D; A very heartfelt movie.. two thumbs up from me!
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Tweaked by Yours Truly.
Blogskin created by Eclair-x.
Table & navigational codings courtesy of Hilary, from her skin littlest things.
Layout idea and inspiration from Tillyness.
Best viewed in 1026 x 768 pixels screen resolution, Mozilla Firefox.