Let it rain, let it pour. What we have is worth fighting for. ♥ - Troy & Gabriella
Sunday, March 16, 2008
I hope my smile can distract you. So it never has to show, and you'll never know.. ♥
I've been eating quite a bunch so I seriously need get back on track and try to shake off those cellulites clinging unto my body. Say another 10 more kgs? :O It's high time to keep pace with my strict diet regime again. Did a 25 minutes run in the evening and had blisters on the sole of both my feet. But it's good to feel the BURN baby. :D
Oh, I was supposed to include this in my previous post.. Ed created a blog! Wonders. Out of boredom, maybe. Since commuting to Singapore has become such a hassle now. But he's got some interesting reads I'd must say. (:
And and! My blog has hit the 10, 000 mark on leap day! ;D
Thursday, 6th March 2008
Be it the millionth time, I'm still gna mention this.. I ♥ gramps' cooking! :D
Sunday, 9th March 2008
I had Vegetarian Soba for brunch. And a New York Cheesecake shared by the four of us. That meaning, by my family. (:
Monday, 10th March 2008
When I opened my kitchen cabinet last week, I spot a packet of bread flour hiding at a lonely, dark corner. I gave it some thought and decided to put it to good use, starting with the basics. The Italian Slipper Bread, Ciabatta. (:
I made one plain loaf and the other flavoured with olive oil and Italian Herbs. The Italian Herbs consist of Majoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, Oregana and Basil. My family favoured the Ciabatta Bread covered in Italian Herbs and it's no surprise why! Soft & delicious, with a crunchy crust. Swiped off swift, despite the fact that it was 8 at night.
I find the plain one a little bland but still, chewy and yeasty. Goes well with low fat cream cheese I'd say! (: Although how time consuming it may be, that first crunchy bite makes all the hard work worth it.
I was tuning in to some telly shows whilst waiting for the bread mixture to rise. Jonas Brothers was on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. They sang "When You Look Me In The Eyes" and the fans wouldn't stop screaming. :/
It was supposed to be 8 cartons in total but oh well.. My family loves milk! Oh yes, we dooo! ;D
Tuesday, 11th March 2008
Steve Irwin's wife and daughter was on The Ellen DeGeneres Show the other day. In the midst of the show, they carried out a furry little Chinchilla! Telling people to reserve the wildlife nature and not harm these innocent creatures for their fur.
Aren't they just precious? It's so sad to hear that the decrease in Chinchillas is due to meeting the demands for the increase of their fur. D; Definitely one of the things I strongly object to.
Wednesday, 12th March 2008
I need to get my medical checkup done asap so yeah, had to give my class bbq a miss. Brought out my glasses which I haven't worn since my O's ended.
As usual, woke up early to prepare ourselves for the trip out to Singapore. So we wouldn't have to face the traffic congestion and so on. When Momsie was making her way down Woodlands Garden, she came to a halt. Can you believe that 9am in the morning and vehicles are packed on both sides of the road? I haven't seen Woodlands area packed with so many vehicles since primary school. That's what happens when you have a plane hijacker on the loose, and still at large.
After escaping from that jam packed road, we quickly zoomed off to Causeway Point and walked over to the Woodlands Civic Center to have my checkup done. As I entered the clinic, I immediately smell that strong gush of medicine or of those smell you get when you go to the hospital. We waited there with the other polytechnic students for the nurse to call out my name. When she did, she asked me to do a urine test before proceeding to the next room.
I always thought urine tests were those contained in a bottled container. But what we had was a tiny, hard little plastic strip with a few different coloured paper snips on it, kinda like litmus. Most of us were very discreet when we came back in, many were trying to fold the plastic zip lock bag to hide it.
Made a quick entrance and went on with the procedure.. I was queuing up to this line, supposing it was the next step. Took me a good half an hour standing there before the nurse told us that we should give our urine test to the male nurse in the room. The girl in front of me didn't say anything at all.. sighs.
So I was quite far back for this queue since the people behind rushed to the front. What I saw was the male nurse seeing that we've done the urine test, drop off into this bag and leave our deets to him. I didn't know he was going to check to see if it's okay and I just dropped the urine test into the bag. lol, whoops! But he said it was okay and I was to wait in the line 'til my name was called.
There were a few people who came in and didn't know what to do. Only a few of us did something about it and directed them into the room. A girl came in and looked a little puzzled, but seemed like she knew what to do. The two teens sitting beside me, who I've given directions to earlier, let her in on what I've mentioned to them. It was cool but later on, it felt like the girl was dissing me? Just because I wasn't that one person who told her what to do. :/
Anyways, I shall digress. I was told on the day itself that I've had to have a blood test. Momsie wasn't with me then 'cause she had to do my other poly procedures. I texted Baby, looking to him for comfort and God, for strength. When I moved towards that small corner, I took a glance at the nurse. She didn't show any patience and asked me to settle down fast. I didn't dare to delay any time, so I held back my hesitation. The nurse rubbed a cold alcoholic solution on the bend of my right arm and swiftly inserted the jab. In between that transition, she had to grab something and left that jab hanging there. Yes, I know.. shocking! I felt so oozy and dizzy after my first blood test. Still had to wait for my turn to get my checkup and x-ray done.
As you can see, the wait was insane. I felt like I was in there forever. Tears welled up to the brim of my eyes 'cause the wait was really unbearable. People after me left long ago and I'M STILL THERE. There were a group of guys sitting next to my left and they started to blast their music on purpose. I was expecting the girls (another new bunch of chinese) on my right to feel as annoyed as I am. What do y'know.. they began to sing to that Luo Zhi Xiang song. -.- Gosh! Seriously.
Approached the male nurse about it and not long after, my name was called. I was told by my Mom that when I went into the room, everyone looked up to see me. *shrugs* The male nurse told me that they called my name a several times but they were probably too soft. That explains why it's been so quiet for that one hour! Everything went smooth until the changing of robes for the x-ray scan. I don't want to recall that moment 'cause I was so flipped off then. Very traumatizing for me. D;
After having to spend 5 hours in the clinic, I went to Starbucks to get my Java Chip fix to make up for such an exhausting day. We were so hungry that we had to hurry to decide on a place to settle for lunch. & Swensens it was! :D
A huge chug of Ice Lemon Tea.
Chicken Soup.
Pesto Salmon Sauté.
Mega Burger.
Pistachio.
Macadamia Nuts.
There's something about Swensens' food that is so filling, we were so stuffed. Bumped into that nice girl I met at the clinic and waved at her as I exited the restaurant. Too bad I didn't get her name.. It was pouring heavily and we were hoping a traffic jam wouldn't take place. And it didn't! Praise God! (: We journeyed back home smoothly and left immediately after I changed, to get my passport photos taken. Right after we collected the photos, we went back home and finally got some rest. (:
A little blue blackish at the wound.. D:
Friday, 14th April 2008
I was so surprised this morning when I woke up and had to squint as the sun rays shone through my window panes.
SUNSHINE. IN THE MORNING. IN YOUR FACE. HOW RARE IS THAT THIS WEEK?
Went out to Singapore to do my poly admission. Ed was going for his coffee barista training so we parted ways at the MRT. It took a good 10-15 minutes before we reach Yio Chu Kang.
Made a trip to City Hall and brought Mommy & Eugene to Shokudo. The restaurant was quite sparse as we've arrived just before lunch hour. Which allowed us to settle ourselves down to rest for a bit. (:
I've heard that Shokudo shares the similar concept that of Marché's and it's imitator at heeren, of having several cooking stations under one roof, charge cards and themed dining, but with Japanese cuisine instead. I've been wanting to go to Marché! :O Have to find time to head down there one day..
The design is modern and tasteful, with various areas of themed dining. The walls are dominated by murals of tokyo city scenes overlaid with graphics of Japanese girls.
There are even a few colorful neoprint machines located at the center of the restaurant. Didn't notice the younger crowd hanging about there though..
Western dishes done Japanese style!
So there I was, walking through the melange of various cooking stations repeatedly, not knowing what to eat. There were so many choices and everything looked tempting to me!
I still haven't ordered anything yet for the past couples of minutes but Momsie came back with this!
Plain Omelette.
The dish is served with the omelette wrapped around the ingredients and cut into segments. Delicious mayonnaise is then drizzled generously over it. It was so good, we really wanted to get ourselves a second helping but there was much more to explore.
Tempura Soba.
The tempura, not too much batter and crispy & fresh at each bite. The soup base was sweet on its own. A very nice, simple noodle dish.
Eugene's.
Awww.. cute moo cow! :D
Signature dish @ Marché.
As I was going around checking out the food stations, one particular station piqued my interest. It’s a pizza station! These Japanese pizzas are wafer-thin and certainly do not resemble the common pizzas.
BBQ Eel & Asparagus Cheese Pizza. <3
This is followed by desserts! We chose gelato as it has much less fat than regular ice cream.
Macha.
Sweet Potato with Honey and Chestnut.
Momsie let me pick the desserts so I ordered these. (:
Macha Ice Slush with Red Bean topped with Macha Ice Cream.
Home Made Tofu Cheesecake.
Light & fluffy on your spoon, creamy and rich after savouring. I don't know how they do that but I really liked it!
We strolled around the basement for a tad while and something caught my eye.. JELLYBEANS! :D I haven't had that since my diet so I got a few of (close to) every single flavour they have.
Hot Mocha Mudslide and Mocha Frappachino Chiller.
We did a little window shopping, had a few sips at Gloria Jean's. Retreated back home at 3pm and the traffic junction @ Woodlands area was already conjured. Good thing that driving through the causeway was a breeze! No conjestions at all. (:
Came back home and went online to chat with Sue Lynn. We talked about random things & did some catch up along the lines.. It was then I didn't feel so.. alone.
Tweaked by Yours Truly.
Blogskin created by Eclair-x.
Table & navigational codings courtesy of Hilary, from her skin littlest things.
Layout idea and inspiration from Tillyness.
Best viewed in 1026 x 768 pixels screen resolution, Mozilla Firefox.